You’re a member and you’ve created an account, great!
(If you are having trouble creating an account, please email email@example.com for assistance. If you were given a special link to access the buying club and have not paid your membership, click here to review membership options)
- Watch the 4-minute intro video.
- Update your profile – add a photo and tell us a little bit about yourself.
- Add a debit/credit card to your account so that we won’t have to hunt you down when the order is ready to be placed.
- Set your notification preferences in Account>Alerts so that you only get the notifications from Wholeshare you wish to receive. Bed-Stuy Bounty sends notices about orders and updates outside of Wholeshare’s automatic emails.
- Did you know you can split bulk items (see below)? Great! Right? But, Check out the open splits to see if there’s a bulk item a member has already broken down that you might be interested in BEFORE you split an item so there are no duplicates.
- Add items to your cart using the search box or category tab to find items.
- Delivery, Pickup, or Both? Our order is delivered to a central location that members pick up from. If you always want delivery, you can make a one-time payment of $100 by clicking here. Otherwise, on the days that you’re not able to pick up your order, enter “delivery” in the search box and add it to your cart. You must be a member of the main pickup location to have your order delivered.
- Use the discussion wall to introduce yourself and ask questions about products/engage with other members. Feel free to post requests to help complete splits!
- Invite your friends/neighbors to join by sending them the link to www.bedstuybounty.com. The more members we have, the more we order, the more we save! Members are eligible to receive referral commissions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about referrals.
A few things:
Pickup locations: The business you are picking up your order from has generously donated the space to Bed-Stuy Bounty and we ask that you pay them in kind by regularly patronizing their establishment. It is important that you respect the delivery window so that it does not interfere with the needs of the business and their staff. Neither the business nor their staff are responsible for anything related to Bed-Stuy Bounty and your order, so if you ask them about Bed-Stuy Bounty, they will not be able to help you. Please direct all inquiries about Bed-Stuy Bounty to email@example.com or call 347-927-2855
Order minimums: Each farmer/seller has set an order minimum for how much a group has to spend in order to receive a delivery. The order minimum applies to the entire group’s order, not the individual member’s order.
Searching: Use the category filters to see the range of items in a specific category. Use the search box for specific items, but be sure to click on the search button for all the items that come up in search, as items that appear in drop-down box may only take you to a specific product.
Shopping for individuals, couples, or people who don’t cook much: Tierra Farm and Hudson Valley Harvest offer products that are the most friendly/accessible to members who fall into these categories, as they carry more “a la carte” items and not bulk. For additional items that fall into this space, check out the popular products search filter. The prepared foods category is also a good place to search for products that don’t require a lot of preparation, such as soups, bagged salads, appetizers, quiche, tamales, and more. (you must be logged in to view these links).
Splitting bulk items: You can purchase an entire item or split it with other members. For example, if you want rice and see that it’s available as a 25lb bag, you can either choose to buy the entire 25lb bag by adding it to your cart or selecting “split this item” to order only the amount you want.
Members will be notified that a split has been started and will have the option of going in on it with you.
If an item you are splitting does not get completed by the time of the order deadline, you can choose to have that item remain in your cart until it completes or have the item automatically removed from your cart by selecting the option in Account>Preferences.
You will not receive a split item until it has been completely bought out by other members.
Items you shouldn’t split: Liter and gallon size tubs of ice cream, gelato, and sorbet - they would have to sit out and melt slightly to become soft enough to scoop out into a container and then be refrozen. This will negatively affect the texture and quality of the product. Items weighing 12oz or less, like hot dogs or frozen vegetables. It could mean you get one hot dog or a couple of forkfuls of greens. Fine for you, but perhaps disappointing for the other people who go into that split with you. Anything in a metal can. Large cuts of meat that don’t come individually packed. For example, this item and this item We don’t have the capacity to break meats like those down efficiently and precisely at this time.
There is no “checkout” button: The items you add to your cart become part of the entire group’s order and will be placed at the order deadline date/time for the entire group.
Order Deadline/Pickup: Orders are due every Monday by 10am for Thursday pickup/delivery. Other sellers’ order times will vary, but all order deadlines/pickup dates are posted on the site. Pickup is available on Thursday evenings. If you can not pick up up your order on Thursday, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-927-2855 to make other arrangements.
You can send someone else to pick up your order on your behalf.
Holidays that fall on a Monday may affect ordering. You will be notified in advance of these changes.
Delivery: Our sellers may charge a delivery fee for our group order, which is not the same thing as getting your order delivered to your house. If you want delivery and haven’t signed up for a membership with delivery, search for delivery from Bed-Stuy Bounty and add the appropriate delivery option to your cart. Or, you can click here and send a payment of $5.99 for a one-time delivery. Delivery on distribution day is only available through the private house pickup location. All other locations are pick-up only. If you do not pick up your order on the delivery day, you will have to pick up your order or pay $15 for delivery.
Deliveries are made on Thursdays evenings between 5pm-10pm. If you are not home to receive your order, redelivery will incur a delivery charge of $15 or more depending on your delivery area. Occasionally, there may be a hiccup with a seller’s delivery or delays in members’ orders being delivered, and you will not incur any additional charges in those instances.
Product inquiries, payment questions, questions about Wholeshare: If you have any questions about a product, pages not loading, credit card issues, etc, please use the feedback tab to send them a message or call them directly.
Unhappy with your order/membership?
Occasionally, you will find that an item you received is not what you expected. When this happens, please use the feedback tab to voice your concern directly to Wholeshare, or contact Melissa at 347-927-2855 email@example.com.
Refunds: If you feel like the membership is not working for you, please get in touch with Melissa. You can leave the buying club at anytime. Refund requests must be made within sixty days of joining. Refunds will be given minus a $40 administrative fee. No refunds will be made after sixty days. No refunds will be given for discounted memberships.